-GILMANTON SCHOOLS DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS-
Tuesday, May 16, 2017
- Once again the Independence-Gilmanton Track & Field team did not disappoint Monday at the regional meet in Onalaska. Moving on to the sectional meet on Thursday in Bangor is the 4x200 (Susan, Krystal, Allison, Daniella), 4x100 (Krystal, Grace B, Jenni, Daniella), Susan in the 300 hurdles & long jump, Nathan in the 100 dash, Dustin S. in the 1 mile, & Lauren & Cassidy in both the 1-mile & 2-mile. Regional champions were Brittny ( a new school record!!!!) in the pole vault, Daniella in the 100 dash, & Andrew was a 3-time regional champ in the 100 dash, 110 hurdles, & the 300 hurdles. We can't wait to see what happens on Thursday!
-Golf regionals today; also baseball at Melrose-Mindoro.
- Seniors: your drivemapper files need to be deleted before you check out on Thursday.
-MS and HS Students, please return your permission slips for the June 1 field trip to the office as soon as possible. If you didn’t get one, stop in the office for a copy.
- Today is the deadline to sign up for summer school, summer driver’s ed, and Student Council scholarships.
-If you attended Family Math Night, please fill out a short survey and offer some feedback and/or suggestions. To complete the survey online, go to: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZFFSBQH. If you would like the survey emailed to you or on paper, please contact April Falkner.
- Finals today: 1st hour – 7:59-9:24 am; 2nd hour – 9:27-10:52 am; normal lunch periods 10:55-11:53 am;
7th hour – 11:56-1:21 pm; 10th hour – 1:24 – 2:46 pm; normal Power-Up 2:49-3:14 pm.
-Finals tomorrow (Wed): 3rd hour 7:59-9:24 am; 4th hour – 9:27-10:52 am; normal lunch periods; 8th hour – 11:56-1:21 pm; 9th hour – 1:24-2:46 pm; Power-Up in the gym 2:49-3:14 pm.
-2017 Awards Program will be held at the high school on Friday, May 26, beginning at 8:30 a.m. Parents are welcome to attend.
-Students, a reminder of the GHS school policy dress code (keep this in mind when you are shopping for school clothes this summer): “The following types of clothing are not to be worn in school: short shorts or skirts, spaghetti strap & tube tops, belly shirts, etc. According to state regulations for public buildings, footwear must be worn at all times.” The school reserves the right to send you home to change if this policy is not followed.
- Guidance Office Hours this week: Wed (5/24), Thurs (5/25), and Fri (5/26); next week: Tues (5/30) and Fri (6/2)
Tues., May 23- Finals
Baseball @ Melrose-Mindoro; dismiss 2:45 pm
18-hole Golf Regionals at Tremp. Mount.; leave 7:10 am
Wed., May 24- Finals
Outdoor Club fishing trip after school
Thurs., May 25- Seniors last day
Middle School field trip to Action City 9:10 am - 3:00 pm
Track @ Bangor HS
Fri., May 26- Awards Program 8:30 am with graduation practice following
Sat., May 27- Graduation; 1:00 p.m.
Mon., May 29- NO CLASS
Memorial Day Program / parade 10:15 am
Tues., May 30- Golf @ Lawsonia Links
Wed., May 31- AR Reading Party grades 4K-6; 3:15-4:45 HS gym
Thurs., June 1 – MS/HS field trip; La Crosse Queen
Fri., June 2- Last day of school; dismiss 12:00